Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Catch Up

During 2001-2004 Jeff and I bought a house in Fort Lauderdale (a great place to outfit a cruising boat!) on a canal where we could tie the boat up. With the amount of re-fit work we did on No News, it was an ideal situation. Our 'shakedown' cruise was in July of 2002 to the Bahamas.


We arrived home in August with a full notebook page of things to do before we set off permanently. Jeff is amazing with tools, a sewing machine, and basically everything marine, and he managed to make our boat a home.

In March of 2004 Jeff and I tied the knot.

On the Schooner America, in Key West. Fitting, no?

On July 1, 2004 we moved aboard our 35' Wauquiez Pretorien, No News. We sold and gave away all of our possessions which was incredibly liberating, I cried when one lady bought all of my shoes, but I truly felt lighter afterwards.

(Cute huh? We're having cocktail hour on our front lawn because we had no furniture inside the house!)

In November when hurricane season was over (and we voted in Broward County, Florida) we set sail. The PLAN was to sail to New Zealand and apply for residency. We truly were not thrilled with they way the political situation in the US was headed and felt that residency in a neutral country couldn't hurt....






4 comments:

Windtraveler said...

LOL...I think I'll cry when all my shoes go too ;) Love this - keep it coming sista!! xo

Katie said...

ah, catching up like this is so fun! keep it up!

Janet said...

I'm loving every word, thanks a million!

Janet said...

I'm rereading from the beginning to the present and loving it even more than the first time!